cheesiest most romantic day of the year is just around the corner. A day enveloped in pink and red, Valentine’s Day is guaranteed to make women swoon and men strive to reach the level of romance only found in a Nicholas Sparks novel, while singles gag at the abundance of PDAs. I, on the other hand, am a coupled up woman who will be indulging in a different form of PDA – Public Displays of Annoyance.
Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy romance as much as the next girl, but some of the behavior and gifts exhibited on V-Day leave a bad taste in your mouth. Girls strut around showing off their loot like they just won an Oscar.
And I’d like to thank all the little people that made this towering display of flowers possible.
Other women lug enormous stuffed animals around all day like it’s going out of style. What could you possibly plan to do with a bear that is larger than you? I mean, are you going to sit it at your desk and hope that your boss doesn’t notice the difference? Because if it worked, that would be kind of genius. I could totally get behind that. Hell, I could even get behind using it to scare that questionable neighbor you have next door. But unless you plan to use it for something wickedly cool, you have no need for a 6 foot bear.
I suppose I know the real reason for all these annoying behaviors – people love gifts. I know I do! So why should couples be the only ones to join in this fun?! I say we claim Valentine’s Day for ALL of us – single, taken, separated, etc. Let’s make it a day where we make someone feel special, whether it be a friend, lover, parent, pet, or yourself. V-day is our day to show just how much we care.
And in honor of Valentine’s Day, I’ve created a Secret Valentine’s gift exchange. It’s like Secret Santa with less jolly old men and more chocolate! Total win!
So let me break it down for you.
1. Click on the linky below and fill out all the information. You have one week so get cracking!
2. I will email you by February 1st to reveal the identity of your Valentine.
3. Enjoy some retail therapy. And while you’re there pick up some fabulous gifts for your Valentine. $15 spending limit (shipping not included).
4. Mail the gift to your Valentine by February 7th. But feel free to show your excitement and mail it out sooner!
5. Scream with delight at the arrival of your present. And scream again when you figure out the identity of your Secret Valentine.
6. Come back here on Valentine’s Day and link up to reveal all the loot you scored from your Valentine!
Remember Valentine’s Day is our day! Shower yourself, your friends, and family with lots of love!