It’s finally here – Christmas week! And I truly cannot believe how fast this month has flown by. I’ve been so busy moving into my new home that I haven’t even had time to enjoy the Christmas season. There was no oohing and ahhing at the lights. No decorations. No sipping hot chocolate in front of the TV as Home Alone played for the millionth time. And there were no extra Christmas pounds due to gorging on delicious treats. Instead, my body is completely sore from the horrendous workout that is moving. Hell, it’s two days before Christmas and I still haven’t finished shopping. At this point, I’m just going to wrap the boxes in my living room. Merry Christmas! Have some of my junk and save me from unpacking!
The move also taught me and Troy a very important lesson about having an adult Christmas: money gifted to us = washer and dryer. And we are okay with that. In fact, we were downright giddy to receive our tubs of joy this past weekend. Nothing says Christmas like new appliances and clean clothes!
Anyway, I am determined and ready to finally be done with the old place and on to Christmas. I am a woman on a mission! And that mission may or may not include getting sloshed in front of the fire place, while I watch Home Alone on repeat. Don’t judge me.
My mission to find Christmas has definitely had a great jump start thanks to the amazing Roxanne at Simply Roxilicious who has given me such a great gift – a Liebster Award nomination! I’m so excited to be nominated; I feel I must thank all the little people
who I had to step on to make who made this possible. And I really do want world peace.
So what is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award appears to have various rules, but the one I was nominated for is a Q&A given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin. Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
The Rules of The Liebster Award
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post.
- Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them.
- Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them.
11 Facts About Me
1. When I was a kid I wanted to change my name to Cinderella. I blame Disney for brainwashing me.
2. My favorite flowers are Asiatic Lilies.
3. I do my best work under pressure.
4. In college, I played a punk rock version of Hermia in a Midsummer Night’s Dream.
5. I’m trying to learn how to play guitar.
6. I have a terrible case of wanderlust. I want to go everywhere and see everything.
7. When I was younger I wanted to be a doctor. I even have several crazy hard classes under my belt like Organic Chemistry.
8. I don’t want to get married. I’m shacking up for life.
9. In July, I became an aunt to the most adorable little girl.
10. I studied abroad in London and completely fell in love with the city. I miss it daily.
11. I would rather spend money on experiences than material stuff.
Questions I was asked:
1. If you could live in one movie for a day what would it be?
Grease is the word! I’d love to dress up in a fun poodle skirt or a Pink Ladies jacket and break out into song randomly. Having a bad day? Sing about it! Heartbroken? Sing. Making up with your boyfriend? Dance. And then sing!
2. If you could be friends with any character from a book who would it be?
I’d want to be friends with the strong and witty Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. We’re both not afraid to forgo tradition in search of what’s right for us. We’d get along great!
3. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I’d be so honored if America Ferrera played me in the movie of my life. She is a beautiful and amazing actress.
4. If you could go back in time where would you go to?
Ooh, that’s a tough one. Historically, things haven’t been all that great for women in society. But I suppose I would want to go back to the Women’s Rights Movement. The chance to participate in a movement that would affect the lives of women everywhere (including mine) would be so astonishing.
5. What’s your go to shade of Lipstick?
I usually go for a more glossy natural shade. I just like a little shine, but I am in the market for a drop dead gorgeous shade of red lipstick. Any ideas?
6. What’s your favourite pizza toppings?
Pepperoni! I love a cheesy pepperoni pizza. And now I’m hungry.
7. As it’s nearly Christmas: Sprouts, yay or nay?
Nay. Sprouts were never a part of our Christmas meals, so I never developed a real taste for them. I do love me some Turkey though! 😀
8. What person do you admire the most?
My mother. She sacrificed, worked hard, and took care of all of us without asking for anything in return. When I was in high school she was working overtime and caring for my grandmother every night, but she still found the time to make it to every one of my volleyball and softball games, academic activities, and awards shows. I can only hope to be as generous, kind-hearted, and selfless as she is. Okay, the cheese factory is officially closed.
9. Can you swim?
I love swimming! One of the best things about Texas is being able to swim for most of the year.
10. If you could be friends with a magical/mythical creature what would it be?
I’d totally want to be friends with a dragon! I could be the next Khaleesi! Okay, maybe not, but it would still be pretty awesome.
11. Can you speak any other languages?
I grew up speaking English and Spanish, but I’ve always wanted to learn so many other languages.
And My Nominees Are:
Jaybird: Home in Motion
The Rheel Daze
Near and Far Montana
Leaner by the Lake
The Crazy Wise Woman
Squishy Cheeks and Cupcakes
The Empty Tea Cups
Lipstick Stains and Coffee Cups
Your Questions Are:
1. If your life had a theme song, what song would it be?
2. What was the number one thing on your Christmas list?
3. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
4. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
5. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
6. If you could choose one super power, what would you choose?
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
8. What book character are you most like?
9. What’s your favorite dessert?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. Do you have any goals for the new year?
If you’re tagged, I hope that you’ll let me know if you decide to complete this! I’d love to read your answers. Merry Christmas!