The month of February has always been known for loving gestures and an outpouring of emotion. And I’m definitely feeling the love! Not only did I get a handmade Valentine, but I just received a third Liebster Award nomination!
I feel as if I have just been nominated for an Oscar! And I’d like to thank all of you, my fans, who have made this possible. Okay, so maybe I don’t quite have fans, but I’m still thankful to all of you who actually take the time to wander around my blog. Plus, I never turn down a fantastic opportunity to talk about myself! What kind of blogger would I be if I did? A humble one.
Thanks again, Amanda! Now everyone go wander around her blog too!
The Rules of The Liebster Award
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post.
- Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them.
- Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them. No tag backs!
11 Things About Me
1. I love my dogs like they are my kids.
2. I’m a phone ESL teacher for a Korean company, so I work 2 four hour shifts a day.
3. You would think that after 2 years of waking up at 5:30 AM for my first shift I would be a great morning person, but I’ve just learned to sleep in shifts also. Naps are my pretty much my best friends.
4. I want to travel the world. Where’s Aladdin and his magic carpet when you need him?
5. My friends and I can have complete conversations in TV/movie quotes. I have even detailed my life in movie quotes. That’s how you know you have a problem.
6. I get my sense of humor from my father, but I think I’m a little more PC.
7. One of my biggest pet peeves is stereotyping.
8. If I could choose one super power, I would choose the ability to communicate with animals. I’d love to know what my fur babies are thinking, though I’m sure it’s mostly about food.
9. My students are divided on whether or not I should be married. Some think I need to hurry up and get hitched before I become an old maid. (Seriously, they actually say these things.) Others tell me to take my time and enjoy being single.
10. I have always wanted to have a masquerade party for my birthday, which is near Halloween. Ahem, someone should really get on that!
11. Seven months later and I’m STILL excited to be a first time aunt!
And now for the Q&A section:
1. Who was your first (or biggest) celebrity crush as a teenager?
I may be showing my age here, but Devon Sawa was my first big celebrity crush! He was just so cute in Now and Then and Little Giants. And I must admit he’s aged pretty well. Hey, Devon! Call me!
2. If you could go back in time and fix a mistake (or something you regret) would you?
As tempting as that would be, I wouldn’t. It’s my experiences, good and bad, that have made me the person I am today.
3. Remember your first kiss? Was it magical, gross, or meh?
Considering my first kiss was in elementary, my dear Watson, there wasn’t much magic there. But I’m sure worrying about cooties provided a whole different type of magic.
4. What is your dream job?
My dream job basically involves being in business for myself. I really want to create a freelance writing career, while also maintaining an online store. Now I just need to work out all the kinks.
5. What is your biggest accomplishment?
My biggest accomplishment is graduating college. I worked hard for that degree!
6. Have you ever been on a blind date? How’d that go?
Can I plead the 5th on this one? I have been on a blind date, but it was so awkward. It took all I had not to sprint in the opposite direction.
7. If you could take an all-expenses-paid trip ANYWHERE, where would you go and who would you take with you?
Oh, that’s easy! I’d grab Troy, hire a dog sitter, and buy a round-the-world plane ticket. That counts as one trip, right? Or better yet, we can take a round-the-world cruise!
8. If you could take a class (pottery, language, athletic, etc.), what would it be?
Now this is a hard question. I’m kind of a nerd, so I love learning. I guess if I had to narrow it down, I would take a class to learn Korean. It would definitely come in handy when I’m teaching a lower level student.
9. Who taught you how to drive?
After just one driving session with my father, my parents opted to send me to driver’s ed. I’m pretty sure they were trying to avoid a heart attack.
10. If you won a million dollars, how would you spend it?
The very first thing I would do is pay off all our debts. Those student loans are killer! Then I’d plan a round the world trip, donate some to charity, spread some of the love to my family, and invest in owning my own business.
11. Who did you look up to most when you were a kid & why?
Growing up I never really had a specific person that I looked up to or admired. I think I was too focused on trying to get out of dodge, aka my hometown. Now that I am older, I am able to see all the hard work and sacrifice that my mother endured to give us the opportunity to get out of dodge and follow our dreams. She is the woman I most admire.
Now I get to nominate some lucky bloggers for the Liebsters Award. I hope they love talking about themselves as much as I do.
My Nominees Are:
Your questions are:
1. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (I know we’re all just really big kids.)
3. What fictional character would you choose as a best friend?
4. Who is your greatest inspiration?
5. What movie would you want to live in for a day?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. How are your New Year’s resolutions going?
8. Which holiday is your favorite?
9. What’s your biggest fear?
10. What animal would be your spirit animal?
11. Why did you start blogging?
Now to spread the love around I have something to start your weekend off right – a giveaway!
I’m joining Hayley from A Beautiful Exchange and several other lovely ladies to bring you the chance to win a $115 E-Gift Card to Stitchfix, a personal styling service. So if you’re looking for a way to revamp your wardrobe, make sure to enter below!