Before venturing down the path to parenthood, they recommend caring for a plant and working your way up to a pet. Well, I’m pretty sure my lack of a green thumb could kill a cactus, so I went straight for dog mom status where I quickly learned just how much dogs resemble babies. And since these are the only kids I plan on having, it wasn’t long until I found myself becoming
obsessed with head over heels for my furry companions. I slept, ate and danced with dogs. I’m pretty sure I have now been labeled the crazy dog lady, but I’ve learned that I’m not the only one. So here are some ways that you can tell if you’re a fellow dog mom:
You might be a dog mom if . . .
1. Your Instagram account has been taken over by pics of your fur babies.
2.Your dog’s wardrobe is almost larger than your own.
3. Dog hair has become your number 1 accessory.
4. You spend more on your dogs medical care than your own.
5. You have to fight your dog for a spot on the bed every night.
6. You have baby gates strategically placed around the house, but no babies.
7. All potential love interests and friends must be approved by your fur babies.
8. Cuddling and watching Netflix is now a family activity with the dog(s) right in the middle.
9. You plan elaborate birthday parties for your pooch and bake them a cake.
10. You always make sure to ask your dog about their day.
Are you a dog mom? What are some other things that dog moms do?
Today I’m also being featured over on Female Blogger RT, so make sure to head on over and check it out! And while you’re there, don’t forget to enter for your chance to win a free feature for your blog.